Working with the business, this role plays a key role in aiding the business to understanding regulation and it's application to their operation. This is a critical role ensuring we develop a client centric compliant solutions.
Key areas of responsibility include
- Providing guidance and advice on existing and future regulation and our regulatory policies and frameworks;
- Delivering briefings and training on key regulatory topics and issues;
- Guidance and advice on improvement actions, potential breaches and root cause analysis;
- Reviewing compliance and business performance MI to aid challenge;
- Ensuring a regulatory perspective is brought to key business forums, initiatives and projects;
- Providing a key input to the firm's assessment of regulatory risks as part of its ERM framework;
- Supporting business SME's and Certified individuals as part of SMCR
Key skills & Experience required
- Strong technical, practical and working knowledge of FCA GI regulation, ideally with SME insurances experience, knowledge of other relevant regulation/legislation such as GDPR and IDD are required, and a basic understanding of risk management principles would be beneficial;
- To demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written) and be an effective 'regulatory translator' i.e. take complex regulation and make it accessible, understandable and relevant to the business so they have clarity on what is required, and what they need to do;
- Be solution's orientated;
- Have attention to detail but have the ability to take a high level view;
- Deliver engaging, practically orientated compliance training;
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to build and maintain strong relationships with the business, while also maintaining an appropriate level of professional distance;
- Be able to act as a key referral/reference point to the business, delivering constructive challenge and identifying solutions to address issues that are identified;
- Have a strong understanding of the UK's regulatory regime as it applies to general insurance activities; and
- Travel to a range of UK destinations.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.