Delivering technical and regulatory services and expertise to relevant business areas, as well as supporting your colleagues within Compliance. You will help to embed regulatory discipline within the business, manage and review compliance risks and advise on the design of appropriate controls and monitoring.
Other activities may include interaction with key outsourcers, supporting Compliance reporting as well as development and implementation of an effective Monitoring Plan. Once established, there is also the opportunity for you to contribute to the wider activities and teams across the department (e.g. Data Protection or Anti-Money Laundering).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews of end to end processes to identify exposures in line with the Compliance Monitoring Plan, preparing detailed reports on findings and making recommendations for remedial action where necessary
- Reviewing and reporting on the company's level of compliance with the regulators rules and guidance, including the systems and controls in operation to ensure compliance and mitigation of conduct risk
- Proactively develop and maintain relevant technical knowledge
- Improve compliance standards by the provision of clear guidance and fair challenge
- Ensure that regulatory requirements and the customer are at the heart of everything we do
- Liaise with and influence internal Senior Management and external third parties
- Share expertise and knowledge both internally and within the business
- Deputise for management as necessary
- Input to the development of the risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Proactively make recommendations to mitigate underlying exposure and/or resolve any identified issues
- Develop an understanding of business drivers by understanding internal and external stakeholders' priorities, constraints
Your skills and experience:
Proven track record in a similar Compliance related role within the P&C / General Insurance Industry. Ideally, you will also either hold a qualification or be willing to work towards this.
An in-depth and detailed knowledge of the General Insurance, the UK regulatory and governance framework and EU passporting regime is essential. Ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the FCA Handbook, the Financial Services & Markets Act and good working knowledge of the PRA Handbook and other relevant legislation.
Key skills required -
- The ability to complete reviews/audits objectively and based on evidence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can identify and assess compliance risks
- Awareness of financial crime and money laundering risks
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.