Global insurer is seeking a seasoned compliance professional to join their advisory team.
To assist the Group Head of Compliance with the management of the firm's compliance framework and activities, and in particular with the provision of appropriate assurance that business is being conducted o within compliance risk appetite; and in accordance with applicable regulatory and licensing requirements. This includes both prudential and conduct issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Promote an appropriate compliance culture in the business by contributing to awareness of compliance related risks, assisting in their identification.
- Liaise with business managers to assist their understanding. Communicate information on compliance issues throughout the business.
- Assist with the maintenance of, and applications for, the regulatory licenses and authorisations required by the business to support its trading and strategic objectives.
- Provide oral and written compliance assurance advice to the business
- Reviewing and maintaining policies and procedures, and recommending changes thereto.
- Monitor business transacted including via exception reporting and interpreting relevant metrics.
- Identifying, reporting, recording, analysing and escalating incidents and breaches
- Support the compliance activities of branch/subsidiary offices, service companies and (where applicable) coverholders, and conduct monitoring and review activity of the same
- Remain conversant with the relevant compliance framework, manuals, policies and procedures, risk management framework, compliance risk assessment, monitoring programme, group policies, compliance manual and relevant compliance policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual compliance plan and be responsible for diarising and delivering tasks allocated.
- Assist with the preparation of reports to Boards and Committees, to regulators and to the parent company as required.
- Work towards the timely and accurate submission of regulatory filings including applications for approved persons.
- Respond to regulatory queries and correspondence as directed.
- Monitor regulatory publications and announcements, financial papers, etc., that may impact the business and analyse changes.
- Maintain an appropriate framework for the agreement of trading relationships with intermediaries placing inwards business (i.e. Broker/TOBA/agency agreements) and oversee the application process Oversee the "business as usual" processes necessary to maintain the necessary documentation and other evidence which will demonstrate compliance with Solvency II expectations.
- Champions the company values and works in accordance with the organisational behaviours.
- To be aware of and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to financial crime & Conduct.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Previous compliance experience within the insurance sector and/or auditing
- Good knowledge of the UK regulatory regime and regulatory agenda, including Lloyd's.
- Knowledge of other regimes applicable to business written in the London Market.
- Progressing towards CII or other relevant professional examinations
- Good IT skills - including Microsoft office and Sharepoint
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good relationships to facilitate effective supervision of compliance matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to be proactive and pragmatic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.