My client, a global reinsurer is seeking an experience compliance professional to provide addition support the Head of Legal and Compliance. The Legal and Compliance function is a vital pillar in the irrisk management framework, acting a second line of defence in the overarching risk structure.
This a 12 month FTC and will assist in maintaining a strong compliance culture within the Branch while providing day to day support on a wide range of compliance matters driven by UK regulatory requirements. The role will include exposure to senior management within the Branch (Committees, Operational Council and the Branch Steering Board), the Regulators and other entities across the group. Key to this FTC will be to establish a fit for purpose compliance monitoring system.
The role requires an individual with a good understanding of compliance principles who is comfortable taking ownership and involves a high level of multi-tasking including managing competing priorities driven by regulatory deadlines and internal reporting cycles.
This opportunity will suit a candidate who is adaptable, flexible and commercial with a proven track record in a similar role. It would suit an experienced compliance professional with (re)insurance experience, who has an existing network and relationships with the Regulators.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to -
- Implement a fit for Purpose compliance monitoring programme.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the Compliance contribution to our Brexit Project,
- Proactively evaluate compliance developments for relevance to the Branch, assess how they should be implemented and communicate to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a record of regulator and industry consultations and reviews, including key issues and progress.
- Act as administrator of the external training provider, managing site and module administration and performance reporting.
- Maintaining and updating the Compliance Manual, compliance policies and annual Compliance plan.
- Maintaining an efficient and effective compliance framework, with appropriate policies, processes and records to enable compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Implementing regulatory and legislative requirements and Group Guidelines.
- Maintaining the Branch's compliance with the SMCR.
- Maintaining the documents required by the PRA Rulebook and FCA Handbook and ensuring that each document is reviewed in accordance with the stated review cycle.
Experience and knowledge required -
- At least 5 years' proven experience of working in a compliance advisory role in the life insurance/reinsurance sector.
- Specific knowledge of life and health regulation in the UK re/insurance market.
- Ability to build good relationships with all levels of colleagues within the business.
- Ability to interpret, understand and apply all relevant regulations.
- Working knowledge of broader compliance issues, eg; data privacy, information security, financial crime.
- An existing compliance network within the industry. Good experience and relationships with the UK regulators.
- Preferably educated to at least graduate level, although equivalent professional qualifications would be considered (eg; CILEx, ICA Compliance Qualifications)
- ICA Compliance Qualifications desirable but not essential if experience is adequate.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.