This global specialist insurer are seeking a seasoned compliance professional to manage their compliance function on a fixed term contract basis (9mths).
This is a generalist role and you will be main compliance contact for their business globally, providing advise to the business this role offers an interesting and diverse workload.
Key responsibilities include
- Manage regulatory compliance and to ensure that the appropriate regulatory registrations (including licenses) and approvals are in place.
- Ensure that all entities adhere to all internal and external regulations.
- Monitor and review regulatory materials published by regulators relevant to our business, liaising with oversea branch offices as appropriate.
- Advise on, and monitor compliance with, policies and procedures for Financial Crime prevention, conflicts of interest, conduct risk, complaint management, breach reporting, and data protection.
- Work closely with the Head of Legal to provide insight to Group-wide projects.
- Prepare and deliver (when required) reports for the Board(s) of Directors and any associated Board committees.
- Act as Data Protection Officer, ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act(s) including developing and maintaining appropriate policies and procedures to control risks and reporting breaches where necessary.
- Support the Brexit planning strategy, including PRA Branch office application.
- Provide support and guidance to the Legal & Compliance Officer.
Role Specific Skills/Experience/Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years Compliance experience.
- Qualified Compliance Professional.
- Experience operating within an international insurance business.
- Experience of PRA authorisation processes and FCA compliance.
- MS Office working knowledge.
- Sanction screening software experience an advantage.
- Strong compliance conduct and operational risk knowledge.
- Effective influencer and strong problem-solving skills.
- Competent at encouraging communication on compliance management issues.
- Capable of developing relationships with regulatory bodies and key stakeholders.
- Able to interpret and assess compliance risk and articulate clearly to the business how to approach different situations appropriately.
- Ability to build relationship across the business and at all levels
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.