Are you an experienced compliance professional, looking for an opportunity with a clear career path?
Working for one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance and speciality insurance, you will support the Head of Compliance with the maintenance and further development of the compliance function. This includes its framework, its systems and controls that simultaneously allow the business to function effectively and efficiently, while being compliant with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- To manage, assist and support in the following areas:
- Deputise for the Head of Compliance in his absence as required;
- Support the Head of Compliance in maintaining a pro-active, effective and commercially aware Compliance function;
- Review the Compliance function in its entirety to identify areas not only for improvement but also in order to take into account the candidates preferred working practices going forward.
- To lead on the acquisition of RegTech solutions for the Compliance function in order to improve function efficiency's supported by the Senior Compliance Analyst and overseen by the Head of Compliance.
- Development of the Annual Compliance Plan and the performance of Compliance Plan activities;
- To draft the quarterly Compliance Report (and present to CMG in absence of Head of Compliance);
- Responding to queries and requests raised by Senior Management and their business units and to provide concise advice and guidance. This will utilise research based on but not limited to all aspects of the PRA/FCA Handbooks and the impact and implication of Lloyd's Acts, Byelaws, Bulletins, Guidance and Oversight Principles as required by the issue;
- Drafting, updating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure and evidence compliance with current legal and regulatory requirements;
- Leading on regulatory projects as delegated by the Compliance Officer/Head of Compliance and other members of the Senior Management team with support from the Head of Compliance;
- To carry out duties in a manner that always drives fair outcomes for our customers, and generally supports the work of the Compliance function and the Product Oversight Group in meeting these specific regulatory requirements.
- Support junior compliance staff as necessary and actively assist in their development;
- In busy periods, there is a requirement to undertake day to day compliance work including but not limited to TOBAs / Sanctions checking / Licensing enquiries etc to enable the business to function as efficiently as possible.
Experience and knowledge required:
- A broad knowledge of the regulatory requirements as set out by the PRA/FCA/Lloyd's (5-7 years Lloyd's experience is a key requirement) and the experience to apply them in a way that is both complaint and supportive of business objectives.
- Ability to fit in to the needs of both the team and the wider business.
- "Can do" attitude irrespective of the level of the work in question.
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing
- Pragmatic and solution-orientated
- An ability to digest complex compliance concepts and explain them to others in a clear and concise manner.
- Good presentation skills and ability to develop relationships across all levels of the business
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.