This is an exciting opportunity to establish the risk and compliance function within HR for this specialist global insurer. Following the changes to the regulatory environment, HR is now a front line control function. As such our client needs to establish the processes and controls to ensure risk and compliance becomes a way of working. You will be responsible for promoting and monitoring SMCR requirements across the UK business, working closely with the Compliance team.
- Managing all aspects of compliance with the Senior Manager Certificate Regime such as preparing supporting documentation for senior management regulatory applications, responding to regulatory reference requests, annual certification process, conduct rules training, breach reporting
- Working with the HR Centre of Excellence to deliver all appropriate activity in support of SMCR regulation
- Work with HR leadership team to support the business and its; employees across SMCR related matters and act as the business SME.
- Building and maintaining relationships with appropriate senior management to ensure that all people changes relating to regulatory approvals occurs in a timely manner
- Supporting the development of HR internal control monitoring processes
- Training the HR team on legislative and regulatory changes
- Drafting relevant Board reports on behalf of HR
- Providing reporting and performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Representing HR on internal cross-divisional teams supporting the SMCR framework to share best practices, address issues and plan for future changes
- Knowledge and experience of SMCR / SMR / SM&C
- Good Project Management skills and experience
- A passion for driving change
- A strong risk and compliance background
- Proactive approach to manage a diverse workload and stakeholder expectations
- Good communication skills able to build great relationships both with HR and stakeholders across the business
- Attention to detail and ability to see the big picture
- Ability to think critically and visualise improvements; always asking if we can do things better
- The ability to coach and distil technical requirements into easy to understand advice
Good judgement including decision making escalation and referral.