Our client, a global leading insurer is seeking an experienced compliance monitoring candidate to join their established compliance function.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To assist the Senior Compliance Manager - Monitoring in the development of the strategy for the performance of the Compliance Monitoring function, including the development of related methodologies, procedures and templates.
- To analyse and assess the control data across the compliance risk universe and to challenge the accuracy of the risk and control assessments when appropriate.
- To provide detailed reports regarding the effectiveness of the control environment, including the issues and concerns, and agree steps to mitigate or avoid risks outside the company’s risk appetite.
- To actively engage with the risk and control owners and establish collaborative working relationships to ensure the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- To complete assigned work in a timely and accurate manner.
- To assist the business (as first line) to develop and implement those controls required to ensure they meet legal and regulatory requirements
Experience & Qualifications required -
- Relevant compliance and/or risk management qualifications beneficial.
- The candidate should have a strong knowledge of the insurance industry
- They must also have a good understanding of FCA/PRA requirements and working knowledge of European regulatory environment.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
- They should be adept at managing competing priorities with excellent time management and organisation skills.
- The candidate should also have strong inter-personnel skills and be skilled at communicating compliance and regulatory issues to key stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- The candidate should ideally be able to demonstrate an ability to identify issues, suggest solutions and recognise alternatives to problems as they arise