Our client, a global leading insurer is seeking an experienced compliance monitoring candidate to join their established compliance function.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To assist the Senior Compliance Manager - Monitoring in the development of the strategy for the performance of the Compliance Monitoring function, including the development of related methodologies, procedures and templates.
- To analyse and assess the control data across the compliance risk universe and to challenge the accuracy of the risk and control assessments when appropriate.
- To provide detailed reports regarding the effectiveness of the control environment, including the issues and concerns, and agree steps to mitigate or avoid risks outside the company's risk appetite.
- To actively engage with the risk and control owners and establish collaborative working relationships to ensure the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- To complete assigned work in a timely and accurate manner.
- To assist the business (as first line) to develop and implement those controls required to ensure they meet legal and regulatory requirements
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Relevant compliance and/or risk management qualifications beneficial.
- The candidate should have a strong knowledge of the insurance industry
- They must also have a good understanding of FCA/PRA requirements and working knowledge of European regulatory environment.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
- They should be adept at managing competing priorities with excellent time management and organisation skills.
- The candidate should also have strong inter-personnel skills and be skilled at communicating compliance and regulatory issues to key stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- The candidate should ideally be able to demonstrate an ability to identify issues, suggest solutions and recognise alternatives to problems as they arise
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.