A leading Financial Services Firm is looking for a Financial Crime Officer to form part of a centralised team that are responsible for Compliance monitoring and advice on all relevant financial crime issues for each business division.
- Sanctions/PEP/Enforcement Screening - Managing the escalated alerts resulting of the screening new and existing clients, and payments, against Financial Sanctions, PEP and Enforcement lists ensuring that all potential matches are promptly investigated and escalated when required.
- AML - Deal with enquiries about non-standard AML verification issues (including CIFAS). Review and approve EDD for higher-risk potential clients, escalating concerns to the Financial Crime Manager, Associate Director or Deputy MLRO/MLRO as appropriate. Provide advice and assistance in respect of the application of the Professional Services AML requirements to client-specific scenarios.
- Ongoing Enhanced Due Diligence - Enhanced ongoing monitoring of higher-risk clients (i.e. clients residing in jurisdictions outside of the approved low risk list, PEPs and any other clients that have been deemed higher risk by Financial Crime).
- Management Information - Support in the population of data for monthly compliance reports, financial crime dashboards and any other ad hoc reports when required.
- Financial Crime policies and procedures - Maintenance of all financial crime registers and logs to ensure accurate record keeping.
- General advice and compliance matters - Assist with providing appropriate, consistent advice on financial crime matters to line management and staff, escalating issues as necessary.
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years experience within a similar role
- Ideally you will have advisory experience (not just alert monitoring)
- Willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the rules, regulations and guidance in respect of all aspects of financial crime
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Good inter-personal skills, with a determined and proactive approach.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.