Our client, a global specialist Lloyd's broker within the insurance market are looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to join their headquarters in London. You will be responsible for leading the Compliance function in accordance with the annual Compliance plan, supporting the Broking team in the London and Brussels offices, and occasionally may support peers within the wider global offices.
Reporting into the COO you will be responsible for the delivery of the compliance plan for the UK and EEA companies, to operate a robust, organized and efficient compliance framework and to perform day-to-day and thematic compliance monitoring work in support of the broking team.
- Act as the key contact for day-to-day compliance queries.
- Manage the output from overnight sanctions screening and ad-hoc requests.
- Review the Group's Governance structure and approach to SM&CR, including annual fit and proper assessments and statements of responsibilities.
- Manage the review and co-ordination of 'Terms of Business', with a referral to the Legal team on an exception's basis.
- Complete Know-Your-Customer (KYC) reviews for new and existing clients and insurers.
- Undertake day-to-day work to deliver the compliance monitoring plan including, but not limited to, overnight sanctions screening, contract certainty checks and Continued Professional Development (CPD) monitoring.
- Update, draft, maintain compliance manuals, compliance registers and internal know-how.
- Update, draft and maintain compliance policies for the Group's UK and EEA offices.
- Maintain and monitor the timetable of all regulatory deadlines including FCA and FSMA returns, ensure that relevant staff are aware of the filing deadlines and follow up where necessary.
- Horizon scanning including changes in sanctions regimes and data protection matters.
- Deliver internal training and education on compliance issues.
- Provide ongoing compliance support to the Group's UK and EEA MGAs, including annual review of the Lloyd's Coverholder status.
- Update Ultimate Beneficial Ownership registers as applicable for the Group.
- Maintain and monitor the Breach Register for the Group's UK and EEA companies, reporting exceptions to senior management on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provide regular reporting to the Board to support the COO's oversight of the Compliance function.
- 5 years' experience in a Compliance team within an insurer or insurance intermediary.
- Good literacy, numeracy and analytical skills. Ideally educated to degree level.
- Competent use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential).
- Good attention to detail, organised and reliable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal particularly at senior management level.
- Self-sufficient including the ability to manage own workload.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.