Due to an internal promotion our client, a specialist within the insurance sector, is seeking a seasoned compliance professional to join their European entity based in Luxembourg.
The Compliance Officer, Luxembourg is responsible for Compliance in their Continental European operations, which operate through its Luxembourg insurer. The role is the compliance key function holder subject to appropriate approval from the CAA.
Key Responsibilities include -
- Provide operational compliance and regulatory affairs support to the company's operations across Europe
- Be the principle point of contact for the CAA in Luxembourg for regulatory compliance matters and proactively manage the regulatory relationship
- Ensure Compliance policies, procedures and processes are appropriate for the regulatory environment in Luxembourg
- Act as the key point of contact for compliance matters for regional managers and legal representatives
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, at a level appropriate to the position, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance
- Provide guidance on the interpretation and application of CAA and other applicable regulation
- Contribute to the embedding of the Conduct Risk Framework.
- Manage regulatory licensing obligations for our Europe companies.
- Contribute to the development of the annual Compliance Framework and Programme set by the company and be responsible for monitoring compliance with the framework in the regions.
- Work with our team in London, support the delivery of the compliance plan across all entities, with a dotted lined to the Compliance Director.
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance reports to the Boards and Board Committees
- Attend and report on compliance matters to governance forums, including the Risk Committee and the Management Committee, as required
- Keep pace with changes to legislation, regulations and market practice; responding to regulatory consultations in close collaboration with our Compliance Director.
- Promote a culture of pro-active compliance within the Company
- Drive a high performance culture through leading by example and setting the tone for the organisation
- Assist with the provision of compliance advisory and monitoring services with respect to branches, service companies and other international operations.
- Collaborate with a locally based small team, with support from the Head Office Compliance team based in London to coordinate monitoring, assurance and transactional advice to the business
- Manage and coordinate regulatory filings to the CAA
- Work with the CRO and General Manager to manage day to day compliance issues across the business and provide compliance support as required.
- Work on special projects as necessary at the behest of the General Manager
- May perform additional duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required -
The successful candidate will have a track record in compliance within a similar size financial services operation. Direct experience within the European market with an understanding of regulatory requirements and reporting in Luxembourg is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues and embed a culture of compliance in the company.
- An ability to work off your own initiative to organise, prioritise and manage work effectively to deadlines
- Decision-making ability and the ability analyse and resolve problems
- Experience of dealing with regulatory authorities at a senior level.
- Ability to apply regulatory and compliance requirements to the business in an efficient and business friendly manner.
- Takes a hands-on practical problem-solving approach to achieving a business outcomes and to ensuring that the right business culture and behaviours are being pursued.
- Sound judgement and a willingness to exercise it and be assertive as necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems
- An ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation with confidence and clarity.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience of Luxembourg legal and regulatory requirements
- May have related industry professional education.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.