As a key member of the team you will act as a Subject Matter Expert to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of relevant areas of PRA, FCA and Lloyd's and applicable overseas regulation. Your role will be to facilitate the company's business strategy, help mitigate against business threats and keep the company's operations in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities include
- Provide compliance and regulatory affairs support to the company's operations
- Act as the lead business partner for agreed areas of the business, to provide relevant and pragmatic advice and oversight on applicable regulation to support and improve compliance in the 1st line
- Act as the business expert on multiple areas of the compliance framework, in line with the compliance plan, to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of PRA, FCA, Lloyd's and other applicable regulators and regulation
- Deliver on agreed areas of the compliance plan, reporting on issues and achievements
- Drive improvements in areas of responsibility and propose changes to improve compliance and business efficiency
- Promote a culture of pro-active compliance within the Company, identifying requirements for and ensuring effective delivery of compliance training within relevant areas of the business
- Support the delivery of a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate compliance requirements and implement proportionate and effective processes and controls to improve the control environment
- Contribute to the development of the Compliance Framework
- Undertake thematic reviews and specific monitoring over relevant areas of the business and/or compliance framework
- Work with Compliance Manager to manage day to day compliance issues across the business and provide compliance support, as required
- Provide appropriate and timely reporting on issues to relevant management
- Collaborate with colleagues in Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR and Legal teams to coordinate monitoring, assurance and transactional advice to the business.
- Keep pace with changes to legislation, regulations and market practice
- Maintain awareness of and plans for the implementation of future regulatory requirements as highlighted by PRA / FCA Consultation Papers, Policy Statements etc.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and review of compliance policies and procedures.
- Organise and implement and/or monitor training and compliance tools for all compliance matters and work with the appropriate function on the communication plan of compliance topics.
- Work on special projects as necessary at the behest of senior management.
Experience & knowledge required
- Previous experience working in a Compliance function with prior experience working in the insurance sector
- Experience in working for a multi-line insurance organisation
- Ability to influence and build relationships within the enterprise with experience working in a matrix environment
- Commercial mindedness with a good understanding of insurance business activities and objectives and their implications on the Compliance Framework
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all organisational levels (internally and externally) and the ability to work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines
- Strong execution skills, with a record of achieving results, to deliver stated goals and objectives.
- Decision-making ability and the ability analyse and resolve problems
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data for effective monitoring and reporting
- An ability to organise, prioritise and manage work effectively to deadlines
- Knowledge of and capability with Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.