This global insurance provider is looking to appoint a conduct and regulatory specialist to provide support and guidance to their Personal Lines and Commercial Insurance functions. This is a broad role which includes coverage across conduct, product governance, financial promotions, delegated authority, and regulatory projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provision of high-quality advice and guidance to all lines of business (Line1) (e.g. Product teams, marketing, Delegated, etc.)
- Analysing changes against an agreed framework to understand whether those changes are acceptable
- Providing formal approval for changes at key points in processes (including final sign-off, where relevant) - for example, websites, financial promotions, customer documentation, pricing changes, Customer Impact Assessments and so on
- Ensuring relevant decisions / precedents / actions are logged and support reporting
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders within Personal Lines (Line 1)
- Providing leadership, focus and direction to Regulatory Compliance Analysts
- Working closely with other Customer and Operational Risk Management team members in relation Conduct Framework oversight, Regulatory Business Readiness, Risk and Control and Incident Management
- Liaising with other relevant functions to identify efficiency opportunities and share best practice in relation to regulatory compliance (including approvals)
- Engaging with, and escalating to, Line 2 (Risk and Regulatory Compliance) for technical advice, as appropriate
- Supporting continuous improvement of the regulatory compliance function and associated governance, processes and tools
- Understanding our Product Governance and Conduct Framework, how it applies to this role, and the behaviours / actions that you need to demonstrate in consistently delivering good customer outcomes
- Acting as a conduct and regulatory subject matter expert and first port of call for Line 1
- Providing regulatory training to CORM and the wider business
- Supporting the business embed relevant regulatory change.
Knowledge & Experience required:
- In depth exposure to Senior Management and providing advice and guidance to Compliance/Governance Committees.
- You will be considered a subject matter expert in your field
- Experience of risk management within a large, regulated business
- Experience of providing pragmatic and practical General Insurance regulatory compliance advice and guidance to the business (Line 1) to support decision making
- Previous track record of working in a fast paced organisation, balancing customer and business (i.e. commercial) needs and objectives
- Deep understanding of General insurance regulations including, but not limited, to Conduct Risk, ICOBS, Delegated Authority, PROD4 and financial promotions
- Good understanding of General insurance market, operations (e.g. Post-sales servicing, Customer Communications, Claims / Complaints, etc.) and activities (e.g. Quote and buy, Renewals, etc.)
- Strong communicator and comfortable with providing real-time regulatory advice and guidance face to face, and in wider meeting settings
- Customer focused, attune to the potential impact of changes (product or non-product) with a strong understanding of the risks of customer harm / detriment (financial and non-financial)
- Commercial, numerical and analytical skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience of building positive stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally
- Experience of process improvement
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.