Great opportunity to join this international General Insurer in a Conduct Risk role. This is a first line defence role reporting to the Underwriting Performance & Governance Manager (certified function).
This role will focus on driving the development and continuous improvement of our approach to the internal control of regulatory and conduct risk. Supporting the underwriting function this role will be an embedded independent challenger, advisor and partner on conduct risk and regulatory compliance. This includes assisting in developing the mechanisms that enable our business to operate in a compliant and ethical manner and ensuring good customer outcomes.
Key responsibilities include but not necessarily limited to:
- Advising and supporting the business functions on:
o Analysing conduct risks in the business
o Oversight of risk controls and performance of associated metrics
o Applicable regulatory conduct requirements o with conduct expertise
o Taking actions on issues arising from conduct MI
- Monitoring the business' adherence to applicable internal policies and procedures.
- Leading co-ordination of product governance oversight.
- Supporting or lead business change projects from a conduct risk stand point.
- Lead and develop conduct risk reporting and other relevant compliance MI to the Conduct Committee and relevant governance committees relevant in the allocated areas.
- Lead/support the design and embedding of a Delegated Authority and Product Governance control framework in respect of Conduct Risk/Operational Quality Assurance across Underwriting, Claims and Complaints
- Work closely with the QA team, Conduct team, Delegated Authority Due Diligence and Coverholder Audit teams to deliver a best in class 1st line control framework
- Use that framework to effectively monitor and report against agreed Conduct and Operational risk appetites set by the AEL Executive Committee and Board
- Drive/support the remediation of operational/conduct incidents and potential breaches to ensure risk appetite is maintained and outcomes to customers are fair
- Support the CUO/Underwriting Governance Manager in ensuring the effective operation of the key governance committees (Product Governance Committee and Delegated Authority Committee)
- Lead/support the Product Oversight Group (POG) including the driving and resolution of actions with the Underwriting and Claims teams and provide MI and reporting to PGC and DA Committees
- Provide assurance and reporting to the 2nd line of defence Compliance team to facilitate effective conduct risk oversight and reporting of regulatory breaches in accordance with regulatory requirements
- To ensure that the FCA principle of customers' interest is applied in those areas of the business within the jobholder's responsibility
- Other duties may be assigned in order to meet the on-going needs of the organisation
Qualification & Experience required:
- Degree educated (preferable) · ACII qualified (preferable)
- Relevant previous work experience in product governance and regulatory change within a Financial Services FCA regulated business providing or distributing products to retail consumers. Ideally general insurance.
- Service / business enabler mentality.
- Reputation for independence and ethical decision-making - able to operate independently
- Ability to interpret regulations and provide practical context
- Highly organized
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organization
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.