Key responsibilities will include
- To maintain our conduct risk management framework, and where necessary enhance the procedures and systems relating to the management of conduct risk to ensure that the Board's risk appetite and all regulatory requirements are met.
- Communicate the conduct framework requirements, policies and procedures through reporting and delivering appropriate training for relevant business teams.
- To maintain the conduct risk assessment methodology, perform assessments, conduct related due diligence and identify and implement appropriate controls to mitigate risks identified.
- To liaise with Lloyd's in respect of conduct risk matters.
- To ensure the Board's risk appetite relating to Conduct Risk is implemented throughout the business.
- The maintenance and enhancement, where necessary, of the Conduct Risk Framework, considering any emerging conduct risks and regulation.
- To provide advice and training to the business in respect of conduct risk issues.
- To oversee and carry out conduct risk controls, monitor the business for conduct risk issues and support conduct risk projects.
- To ensure appropriate conduct risk management information (MI) is made available to the relevant governance bodies within the business on a timely basis.
- To undertake appropriate due diligence relating to high conduct risk products including policy wording reviews, reviews of online customer journeys, IPIDs and other customer documentation, and marketing materials.
- To oversee complaints handling.
- To analyse conduct risk MI and undertake root cause analysis in respect of complaints.
- To circulate market updates and guidance in relation to conduct risk matters, as necessary, liaising with the Compliance Officer/Compliance team to provide a unified response to the business in respect of regulatory requirements relating to consumer and high conduct risk business / codes of best practice and regulatory developments.
- Help drive forward good conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers/policyholders.
- Understand all appropriate lines of escalation and the responsibilities of Underwriting & Claims Sub-Committee (UCSC), ExCo and Board for Conduct Risk.
Experience & qualification required
- Extensive conduct risk experience within the Lloyd's/London insurance market or General Insurance.
- Working knowledge of insurance industry practices and the current regulatory requirements of Lloyd's and the FCA (in particular MS9 and PROD).
- Proven knowledge and experience of implementing the regulations relating to consumer and small business insurance products.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: able to handle issues with diplomacy.
- Able to work on own initiative, have strong organisational skills and be results orientated.
- Associate/ Fellow of Chartered Insurance Institute
- University Degree in Law or another relevant subject
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.