A large banking organisation is currently looking to make an experienced hire in the control room space. This role assists the organisation in managing risk such as; conflicts of interest, wall crossings, disclosure reporting and insider lists.
The role reports to the head of control room and is responsible for assisting in the below responsibilities:
- Providing advice and guidance to front office businesses in respect of permissible interaction with research analysts/providing chaperoning as necessary and on implications of firm's restricted list policy and other control room related activities.
- Providing ongoing advice and guidance to the business in respect of Chinese wall, insider dealing and market abuse issues.
- Fixed income research clearing when required.
- Continual support for senior management in adhoc project work and reporting.
- Proven technical expertise in the field of investment banking compliance
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience within the control function.
- Proven experience of working across teams and able to contribute to the strategic direction of a business
- Fluency in English language (written and oral)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Essential to be a team player as you work in a closed environment