Core Services Manager required for a new finance sector client based in Basingstoke.
The Core Service Manager will work closely with the other teams in Technology to deliver a coherent service and change agenda. Strong commitment to incident management (including out of hours), communications and timely root cause analysis is a foundation for further service improvements
There are 3 distinct functions within the department which are;
- Desktop support/first line support
- Infrastructure hosting
- Newly formed application support function to manage first time change and business
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY'S:
- Manage a small agile team, cross training documentation is critical to monitoring quality of service
- Assist with newly formed application support function to manage first time change and business.
- Conducting regular service performance review meetings for a number of 3rd party vendor supply support
- Produce weekly and monthly management reporting
- Responsible for the Major Incident Management processes
- Management of Service Desk team including support of the desktop environment
- Management of Application Support team and Infrastructure team
- Responsible for all servers, networking, storage and backups for both cloud and on-premise locations
- Management and ownership of production platforms, including Microsoft Azure, AWS, Office365, internal infrastructure, software deployment & patching, and the IT ticketing system
- Working closely with the IT Security team and senior executives within the business
- Applying service ethos is critical to set expectations with business SLA's
- Managing a no of projects inflight at any one time which include project runs run directly in the teams or other areas of the technology within the business
- Provide direction to a small team and ensure the team members have the right tools to complete their work.
- Acting as an escalations point for Service desk during out of hours calls during evenings, nights and weekends to cover changes and incidences when needed.
If you're interested in this position please email me with your most up to date CV and Salary Expectations
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.