Leading Management Consultancy is currently searching for Covenant Consultant to join their growing covenant advisory team in London. This role has been created through an expansion of the team due to an influx of new advisory clients and is an ideal opportunity for a covenant specialist looking to join an ambitious and growing department.
- Leading the preparation of covenant assessments to support actuarial valuations.
- Leading the preparation of covenant assessments in the context of corporate activity, including M&A transactions, refinancing, restructuring, pension scheme mergers and any other event which impacts upon covenant strength.
- Leading the ongoing maintenance and preparation of covenant monitoring programmes.
- Advising clients on ways in which the covenant might be strengthened.
- Leading the analysis of the support provided to pension schemes by guarantors.
- Analysis of financial data, industry and market research, preparing written advice and presenting our findings.
- Presenting external training sessions on topical covenant related matters
- Attending client meetings or new business pitches as appropriate.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA preferred) with post qualified experience.
- Experience working in the Defined Benefit Pensions industry, specifically within covenant areas - Ideal but restructuring and corporate finance backgrounds will also be considered
- Good Understanding of employer covenant matters arising from defined benefit pension schemes and related issues.
- Ability to analyse statutory and management accounts, forecasts, and other financial information.
- Experience of report writing, and extensive experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders, both internally and externally and it is therefore essential that you have strong interpersonal skills. The position offers a clear path for career progression towards partner level in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.