One of the most highly regarded and recognised banks in the world are looking for an experienced business analyst to work with the team in building out a consolidated reporting strategy across investment and corporate bank.
Main deliveries over 2018 and 2019 includes strategic reporting platform build out, consolidation of investment and corporate bank data
Liaise with business and other technology teams across the company to investigate and understand new requirements.
- Working with the business to determine and document clear and concise business/functional requirements through meetings/workshops for credit risk modelling methodologies.
- Liaise with the design authority and IT teams firm-wide to ensure that all new components fit within guiding principles.
- Follow good processes and practices, as defined by the team standards; ensuring that documentation is complete, comprehensive and signed off.
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines.
- Candidate should be assisting with the prioritization and planning of key deliverables.
- Review documentation and provide feedback for components that are being implemented on the project.
- Participate in the testing cycle and own the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design clarifications.
- Raise key issues and risks in a timely manner to the project manager/delivery lead.
Stakeholder management and leadership
The role will require managing relationships with specific central teams including risk, quants, finance and technology. It is essential for the individual has good communication skills, particularly the ability to summarise complex topics and present in a concise and readily understood format.
Decision-making and problem solving
The role requires strong analytical skills, methodical approach with good attention to detail. The individual should have the ability to assimilate information quickly, make informed decisions and use own initiative to resolve issues/ investigate and find solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university.
- Understanding of data concepts and being able to perform data analysis using SQL Server/Excel
- Regular and confident interaction with end-users and customers.
- Professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, FRM)
- Focussed on delivering strategic solutions for the business.