About risk and analytics department:
The ‘Risk and Analytics’ IT department is part of investment bank technology organisation and is responsible for delivering the risk management systems.
The business is looking to us to drive new solutions and sustainable outcomes. The role is for the credit risk technology group which sits within the wider Risk & Analytics (R&A) technology department to become its own team.
This function will be responsible for the technology infrastructure around the calculation and monitoring of exposures and the regulatory capital measures, ensuring comprehensive and effective control and independent challenge to support the firm in its commercial objectives.
Located in multiple global locations, you will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring strong technology, finance, quantitative, and communication skills. Work is typically to tight timescales in an environment where delivery of IT solutions to revenue-earning areas of the business is critical.
- Act as the lead business/data analyst in the credit risk technology team.
- Support the risk engine calculations, including pre-deal checking workflow, back testing and impact analysis.
- The credit risk engine uses advanced Monte Carlo techniques to calculate potential future exposure, expected exposure and EEPE at a portfolio level for all trading activity across derivatives and security financing, incorporating the benefit of netting and collateral.
- The role will involve analysing changes in output measures, attributing that change to a specific functional point and obtaining consensus with business users the appropriateness of that change.
- The role will also involve mentoring junior members of the team.
- Understand impact of proposed changes on business areas and processes.
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of user testing including impact analysis.
- Identify/anticipate obstacles and analyse and propose resolutions.
- Act as the bridge between the business, IT and other businesses.
- Provide go-live and post implementation support.
- Develop and deliver user procedures and training.
- Adopt and evolve the agile approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in an economics, computer science, mathematics or scientific discipline from a top university.
- Strong analytical skills, methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; someone who will make a contribution to areas outside their remit and appreciates the bigger picture.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and make informed decisions.
- Ability to use own initiative to resolve issues/ investigate and find solutions.
- Ability to use Excel for data analysis spotting patterns and exceptions in large data sets.
- Experience of using SQL for data extraction.
- Risk, pricing and derivatives knowledge.
- Credit risk business domain knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.