Leading Chinese bank is seeking to hire a credit risk manager to join its portfolio management team. The role of the credit risk manager will be to oversee the quantitative methodology and identify the changes and trends in business to propose the portfolio limits and recommendations for enhancement.
Credit Risk Manager Responsibilities:
- Explore the changes and trends of the risk drivers according to the changes in macro environment and the credit portfolio constituents, identify key risks for ongoing monitoring and provide enhancement recommendations.
- Execute credit portfolio planning, including the portfolio limit setting and the asset quality budgeting, ongoing monitoring and analyzing the causes of variation
- Responsible for setting credit risk stress scenarios and provide high quality analysis on what the key risks would be to the bank’s earnings
- Responsible for the credit concentration risk and asset quality assessment under Basel II Pillar II.
- Engage in the implementation and ongoing refinement of the IFRS 9 impairment methodology
- Assist in the review of methodology and tools for credit risk stress test and credit concentration risk assessment, provide enhancement recommendations and assist in the implementation on the Bank’s IT systems.
- Provide assistance to subsidiaries in the implementation of credit risk stress testing and credit portfolio analysis.
Credit Risk Manager Requirements:
- Degree holder or above with major in Economics, Risk Management, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline.
- CPA or FRM preferred
- At least 5 years experience in banking industry (portfolio analysis, model development, accounting, finance or research) within which not less than 3 years experience in credit risk management.
- Sound knowledge of credit risk theories, modeling techniques, Basel requirements and awareness of IFRS 9
- Solid analytical skills and proficient in using SAS, Microsoft Excel (VBA) and Access (SQL)
- Good command in written and spoken English and Chinese