This role is due to the major changes to the regulation governing model development, model usage and the way models are governed. The UK’s prospective withdrawal from the European Union (Brexit) will have a significant impact on the structure of UK banks which impact the way models are deployed and used throughout the region.
The role will support the implementation of the post-Brexit Target Operating Model, with minimum possible disruption by ensuring that models deployed with the region continue to be appropriate to the portfolios that they are deployed upon and remain compliant with both internal and with post-Brexit laws and regulations.
Working with GRA colleagues to identify models that require recalibration/ redevelopment to support the changed population and supporting any model approval processes with the Group’s regulators.
- Failure to comply with regulatory requirements or appropriate internal governance could lead to the removal of advanced model permissions for credit risk. This will directly impact the bank’s capital position.
- Work to identify models that require redevelopment/ recalibration to meet their new target population.
- Supporting the response to regulatory consultations and engagement with local regulators. Influencing regulatory developments at an early stage can ensure that adverse capital impacts are minimized.
- Supporting the management of the IRB model permissions – including through the annual attestation of models and ensuring that HBEU meets regulatory requirement (including IRB coverage)
- Excellent skills in project management and addressing compliance with internal standards
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and the process by which they are changed/enforced
- Brilliant understanding of Wholesale Credit Risk Models
- Academic qualifications/ previous experience that give a strong background in policy and finance
- Good understanding of IRB model usage and regional model landscape
- Proficiency in manipulation of large data sets and excellent understanding of credit risk related data
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain close working relationship with related parties
- Assisting to develop and implement the changes in process, including policy and procedure.
- Ability to work as part of a team with key customers and stakeholders