Role: Cyber Research Analyst
A new and exciting opportunity to join a well-respected, highly motivated team in a new position working on Man Made risk research projects within a global specialty reinsurer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managaing and completing Man Made research agenda with a very clear focus on fulfilling the below goals:
- Leveraging academic research for commercial gain
- Continuous enhancement of view of risk to facilitate underwriting, risk differentation and selection.
- Development of innovative and market leading approaches for the aggregation and management of Man Made risks.
- Work closely with the Man Made Exposure Management team to help deliver market - leading approaches to aggretating and reporting of the businesses exposures and PML's.
- Leading the research projects for the man-made classes of business. At the outset, these will include 3rd party Cyber accumulations for affirmative and non-affirmative cyber, looking at the options for Liability accumulations, and helping to develop and enhance reporting tools with GIS capabilities.
- Validation of third party models, identifying limitations and developing adjustments as part of continuous improvement of the View of Risk.
- Communicating research findings and educating a wide range of stakeholders including senior management, underwriters and regulators.
- Working closely with underwriters and senior management to understand business needs and cat risk opportunities and building methods to cater for these.
- Developing innovative methods for the quantification and management of non-modelled and non-property risk.
- Fostering partnerships with academic institutes, model vendors and other research focused organisations.
- Working closely with other functions across the business including Exposure Management, pricing, capital and claims teams to ensure that man-made risk is priced and represented appropriately.
- Helping coordinating pre and post event response within research team.
- The ideal candidate will have a minumum of a masters degree, prefereably in cyber, political science, engineering or maths fields.
- Good understanding of statistics and probability theory is required.
- Experience or understanding of catastrophe risk modelling framework and its output such as exceedance probability curves, ELT, YLT etc. would be a definite advantage.
- Understanding of and previous experience interacting with the main catastrophe model vendors (RMS, AIR) and alternative modelling solution providers beneficial.
- Strong SQL skills required
- Demonstrable experience of using at least one programming language (R or Python) for analysis and visualisation of large data sets to develop actionable insights
- Strong GIS skills and experience of software such as ArcGIS / QGIS is desirable.
For more information on this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.