My Client has won a two-year contract to assist a large government department to improve its security posture. This will involve embedding good cyber security practice into policies, processes and culture to assure readiness for future onsite assessments. My Client will run teams of multi-disciplinary consultants to assess and embed good cyber security practices based on the department's security framework.
The project will require consultants to travel across England to visit 70+ local sites. Sites visits will be between 1-4 days.
The following skills are required:
- Excellent cyber security experience covering IT, policy, people and process controls.
- Familiarity with common cyber security technology tools (anti-virus, firewalls, monitoring, etc).
- Demonstrable experience in identifying security issues, proposing fixes and then embedded changes into an organisation.
- Good understanding of ISO 27001 and NIST standards and how it can be practically embedded into an organisation.
- Desirable to have experience of HMG security frameworks or policy sets.
- Experience of working in small teams (4-6 consultants).
- Good inter-personal skills with the capacity to engage with a range of stakeholders within an organisation (e.g. technical staff, management, CISO, C-Suite individuals, etc).
- Ability to estimate task size and duration.
- Capacity to work independently and use initiative to identify information and key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of driving security improvement plans.
- Desirable to have experience of analysing security business cases and assessing the impact on BAU operations.
- Candidates must have one (or more) security qualifications (CISSP, CISM, etc). Preference for qualifications that show a breadth of experience and an understanding of security management.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Experience of creating and presenting security metrics/KPIs.
- Ability to turn around projects and cyber assessments quickly and on time.
** Must be willing to travel as required to various Client sites across England**
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.