About the Company
My client is a leading specialty insurer providing property, casualty and specialty insurance to an international client base.
Their underwriting offices span the London and Lloyds markets worldwide delivering a a diversified range of specialty insurance solutions across five segment groups: Marine and Specialty Lines, Casualty, Property, Aerospace and Workers' Compensation.
With some of the biggest names in insurance and private equity as their majority shareholders, my client's employees have access to a plethora of both operational support and strategic insight.
About the Role
This role sits within the Actuarial division of the business and will be reporting into Chief Group Reserving Actuary. The successful candidate will hold responsibility for the data of the Actuarial team and assist in some non-life reserving tasks
- Data manager for extracting, treat and cleanse data in order to have quality data for the reserving process (International, Bermuda and US businesses)
- Responsible for ensuring that the future data tools provide the same data appropriateness, completeness and accuracy as the current ones
- Responsible for providing data to different stakeholders (Reserving, Pricing, Capital, Finance)
- Assist in performing specific reporting for Group reserving
- Assist with some reserving tasks, especially for Bermuda reserving
- In the region of 4 years of experience in data analysis, or reserving, for Non-Life insurance business
- Experience with dealing with large amount of data with Access and VBA
- Commercial experience working with SQL
- Excellent communication skills in order to work closely with various departments including Finance, Claims, Underwriting/Pricing, Capital Modelling, IT
- High proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of ResQ reserving software is helpful
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals in a variety of functions (e.g. finance, claims, underwriting, actuarial, operations)
- Highly motivated individual who can work long hours when needed.
- Must be able to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment
- Must be a good team/individual contributor
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.