My client, a leading insurance business at the fore-front of data science are looking for a data and analytics specilaist to provide expertise around the design, development and implementation of innovative business intelligence solutions to mature management information and analytics.
- Work with the data & analytics solution consultant to ensure best practice code development and alignment to agreed solutions using preferred tools e.g. SQL, R, Tableau
- Work with the data governance and service to establish data development, definition, and design and metadata management standards.
- Develop and maintain the data dictionary, including data mappings and data lineage between strategic systems.
- Identify business logic and develop new semantic layer data models as the foundation for all reporting.
- Reporting development including: ETL processes, query design and improvement, reconciliation and controls etc.
- Liaise with project teams and business users in the development of reports and dashboards across all functional areas of the business.
- Ensures quality of reporting solutions by performing code review with peers, creating documentation, performing defect root cause analysis, and completing unit and integration testing.
- Participate in due diligence of new software purchases by reviewing proposed data models and integration with existing systems to ensure solutions meet business needs and are consistent with data standards and strategy.
- Work with and mentor the development team on data and analytics issues to ensure that best practice is applied.
- In conjunction with production support staff, administer the reporting environment to ensure the availability, security and performance of MI systems meets the highest standards.
- Responds to incoming support requests from production support and maintains the call detail in the problem tracking system. Analyses and resolves user problems, issues and requests in a timely manner, escalating unresolved problems and complex requests as necessary.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through meeting established development and service level standards.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant product offerings and policies to provide technically accurate and appropriate solutions to customers.
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, at a level appropriate to the position, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance
- Leads software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops and trains program logic for new data applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing solutions.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software developments.
- Analyses requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Deep understanding of structured and unstructured data management and enterprise best practices.
- Experience with both normalized, star and multidimensional schema design.
- Understanding of various dimension types (including slowly changing dimensions).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to interact effectively with clients, systems staff, consultants, vendor’s technology partners.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, prioritizes and manages multiple tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
- SQL Server experience
- Tableau report building experience
- SQL server database administration skills.
- R or Python data extraction / manipulation
- Experience in database / data warehouse design
- Insurance background with knowledge of industry reporting and KPI’s / KRI’s.
- Knowledge and experience of finance and insurance data models.