Data Engineer required for a financial services client based in Bournemouth.
The Data Engineer role will be responsible for delivering the underlying data and APIs to support the implementation of innovative machine learning applications. You will enjoy working with rich datasets, cutting edge technology and help shape new data science projects in an innovative company. The right candidate will possess a desire to work in fast-paced environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines. Travel will be required on a weekly basis between our different Office locations.
- Work with Data Scientists to implement robust and trustworthy data to support highperformance
- algorithms and predictive models
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models as APIs for use in our live environments
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to develop and manage
- robust data pipelines connecting various systems
- Develop datasets and processes that facilitate data modelling, mining and production
- Provide clean, usable data to data scientists and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Work collaboratively with the Data Science, Data Architecture and other IT delivery teams to design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems/Sciences/Maths
- Strong experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, data management and data delivery, database and ETL technologies
- Experience using languages / tools / databases such as SQL and NoSQL, Python, Nifi, Docker.
- Strong technical experience in designing and delivering data in BI warehouse and/or Big Data Lakes, supporting on premise and cloud architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies
- Hands-on/technical experience with high proficiency on Big Data technology and toolsets
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining machine learning APIs - using flask and java springboot
- Experience working with data scientists or quantitative / statistical analysts
- Experience working with AWS EMR
- Prior experience on Big Data appliances like Hadoop.
- Prior experience in using Agile methodology
- Understanding of data architecture & modelling
- Previous insurance or financial services industry experience
- Open Source ETL tools (Jupyter, Spark)
If you're interested in this position please send me your most up to date CV and Salary Expectations.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.