My client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. The have over 40,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries.
This role sits within the Investment, Risk and Reinsurance segment of the business, where hey help clients free up capital by working closely with investors, reinsurers and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
This role sits within the Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) arm of the business and is primarily focused on the insurance industry but increasingly serves as a risk specialist across a variety of industries.
My client is also a preeminent developer and provider of risk analytics and financial modelling software. With almost 500 major insurance clients worldwide, they combine the technical innovation and engineering expertise of their software development professionals with the actuarial knowledge and thought leadership of their insurance consulting business to provide world-class solutions that help customer's measure value, manage risk and safeguard solvency.
As a data architect & engineer you will work on a number of client engagements:
- Supporting senior colleagues in developing and documenting data strategy and developing data models for diverse insurance clients
- Work as part of client engagement teams manipulate complex data sets using standard ETL tools to bring order to complexity
- Develop high-end visualisation outputs for complex insurance data sets
The successful candidate will be joining as a senior associate in our insurance consulting practice, working beside some of the market's top thought leaders designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions in pricing, claims and underwriting. As a data practitioner you will focus on technical data model / ETL / visualisation.
In your role, you will be helping our broad set of UK clients by:
- Delivering best in class data models across claims, pricing and underwriting
- Lead the build of effective data models, tools and processes
- Work with our data science and analytics teams to spread data best practice
- Designing and building sophisticated MI and portfolio management capabilities and supporting visualisations
We are looking for a versatile technologist with a background in insurance or management consulting. The successful candidate will have a passion for data architecture as well as being a skilled database developer with a passion for client management. Ideally you'll have at least three years of experience focus on technical data modelling / ETL / data visualisation.
- MS SQL (T-SQL) - queries, stored procedures, creating views, creating tables, etc.
- MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- MS Visual Studio / Team Foundation Services (TFS)
- SQL Server database experience including SQL, maintenance and optimisation
- Power BI skills, exposure the other visualisation software's (Qlik / Tableaux)
- Strong communication skills - The role will require direct contact with our clients
- Ability to understand and develop complex data architectures / models
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
Bonus points for:
- SQL 2016
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in Agile development, SCRUM or similar methodologies
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE) Data Management and Analytics
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE) Business Intelligence
- Experience with Microsoft Data Quality Services (DQS)
- Experience with Business Intelligence Mark-up Language (BIML)
- Experience in developing in cloud environments
- Prior experience in the insurance industry
Please note this role can be based in either London or Reigate, and will require flexibility from the successful candidate to travel between these locations as necessary.
My client is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.