Our client, a global specialist within the insurance market is seeking an experience candidate to join their compliance function. This role will focus on data protection and assist with the responsibility of ensuring that the Group fulfils its legal and regulatory responsibilities in the areas of Data Protection and Privacy.
Key responsibility include:
- To work alongside the Regulatory Counsel and Deputy Head of Compliance/DPO to achieve the British Standard for Data Protection (BS10012)
- Providing accurate, appropriate, timely and pragmatic data protection advice, striking a balance between legal/compliance requirements and the wider interests of the business.
- Conducting comprehensive data protection impact assessments across the Group.
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures.
- Carrying out data protection monitoring activities and producing improvement plans for the business, as required.
- Updating the Information Asset Register.
- Maintain the GDPR Compliance database and provide regular management information for reporting to relevant committees.
- Responding to data subject rights requests.
- Assisting on data protection contractual negotiations.
- Assisting with data protection training across the Group.
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of the data retention schedule and data retention/destruction issues.
- Advising on an ad hoc basis on other data protection/privacy issues that may arise within the business and liaising with external counsel as necessary.
Experience and knowledge required
- Certificate in Data Protection or equivalent qualification.
- Degree-level education (preferably in law or a related subject).
- Contribute to team success and work in a supportive and collaborative way
- Ability to work independently and plan own workload to meet deadlines.
- Be open minded, agile with change and practical in your approach to problem solving.
- Ability to confidently communicate with the business and collaborate with other areas of the business.
- Preferably experience with project management.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.