Are you looking for an exciting Secretary role at an innovative, market leading re/insurance company? If so I'd like to hear from you, you can contact me directly: Hamza.Barreh@eamesconsulting.com and 020 7092 3227
Job Title: Deputy Company Secretary
Do you have experience of providing company secretariat support?
Our Deputy Company Secretary supports the business by providing high-quality Company Secretarial and Board support advice to the business and Group Company Boards. They support the Company Secretary in the execution of their activities and leads on initiatives and activities of their own. Their role carries a high degree of responsibility and independence, involving contact with Executives, Directors, and the Board. They act with decisiveness and professional integrity to ensure all parties adapt to regulatory requirements and remain legally compliant.
Reporting to the Company Secretary main responsibilities in the role will be to:
- Manage and support board-level committees with the preparation of papers, setting meeting dates, agenda planning and attending meetings to records accurate minutes and actions
- Onboard new directors and taking responsibility for Board education and training
- Provide advice to Board Directors, including the Chairmen, CEO and Non-Executive Directors of regulated companies on corporate governance matters and compliance with UK company law and regulation and manage adherence to the Shareholders' agreement
- Review, amend and advise on Terms of Reference, Board Charters, Policies, and procedures to ensure that they reflect changes in legislation, regulation, and best practice
- Manage the Group's subsidiaries, including ensure the event driven filling and maintenance of company records and registers (i.e., Companies House and on CoAct) in line with law and regulation
- Undertake Secretariat responsibilities in the drafting and production of the Annual Report and Accounts
- Proactively support group functions with ad-hoc project including but not limited to corporate structuring projects and transactions, integration of acquisitions and regulatory projects
We'd like to hear from you, if you have:
- Chartered Governance Institute qualifications or equivalent with a good working knowledge of Company Law, Corporate Governance Code, and governance requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of Company Secretarial practice
- Strong knowledge of UK Company Law in general and particularly the Companies Act 2006
- Experience of the UK Corporate Governance Code
- Strong minute taking skills and experience
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements / expectations and development in the corporate governance field
- Ability to work independently and under your own initiative whilst being part of the wider Legal / Compliance / Company Secretarial team within the Group CRO function
- Experience of working with in the insurance industry is highly desirable for this position.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.