A leading UK Banking Group is looking to hire a Deputy Head of Lending Compliance to join the London-based Compliance department.
The main remit of this role is to make sure the Lending businesses are provided with an adequate level of compliance advisory support and to deputise for the Head of Lending Compliance. This is will include team management responsibilities and you will have 2 direct reports to begin with.
Compliance & Risk:
- Deputise for the Head of Lending Compliance in attending committee meetings, forums etc.
- Liaise with MDs in the various businesses to understand their strategy plans and advise them appropriately with respect to Compliance
- Offer regulatory guidance to the Compliance teams of the businesses
- Form positive working relationships with other 2nd Line functions such as Legal and Risk
- Work closely with the Compliance Monitoring and Risk Assurance teams in deciding what reviews to undertake, analysing the findings and putting into place remediation plans
- Instil a strong compliance culture across the Banking division and place emphasis on conduct risk
- Evaluate Compliance MI and ensure that is it appropriate and presentable
- Provide input into the ICAAP and ILAAP processes and perform other ad-hoc Compliance duties
- Guarantee that all Governance and Compliance requirements are followed by the Group and all reporting activities requested by external bodies are executed to an appropriate standard
- Take an active part in the recruitment, training and development of new employees
- Deliver clear leadership to employees on the firm’s policies, standards and SLAs
- Hold periodic one-to-ones with your direct reports and overall performance review standards are effective
- Work with the Head of Lending Compliance, Group Head of Compliance and HR to foster an excellent performance culture
- Managing an HR or disciplinary issues when require and ensure staff take part in training
- Experienced Compliance professional with a strong expertise in Consumer Credit from within the Banking sector
- Proven managerial experience, preferably with experience in managing staff in remote offices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to a degree level; compliance qualifications are preferable
- Strong commercial awareness and experience in attending senior level committee meetings