Global Bank is currently searching for a Deputy Head of Finance to join their London office; this is a newly created role to support the Chief Financial Officer. This role will be responsible for the financial and management reporting functions at the bank and is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with strong financial control experience looking for a more strategic focused role.
- Supervision of the financial and management reporting team.
- Coordination of the annual audited financial statements of the organisation working closely with accounting colleagues and external auditors to ensure that the final, signed document obtains a satisfactory audit opinion with all identified issues being fully discussed and addressed.
- Assessment of various management reported information prior to its timely distribution bank wide and to ensure that it contains meaningful, accurate and useful information for senior management e.g. monthly management pack, Board pack, expense analysis.
- Work closely with the Head of Prudential Regulatory reporting to deliver accurate and timely reporting with current regulations and policy statements.
- Work closely with all section heads to ensure that all departmental tasks are performed well, accurately and on time.
- Ensure continued compliance with IFRS 9. By providing oversight of the various work flows in the Finance and Risk Management Departments, that they are being maintained, and updated where appropriate, thus ensuring the delivery of the Target Operating State.
- Key point of contact for the Finance department to Identify procedures, methodology and system solutions to improve functionality, gain efficiencies and enhance the quality of work and services provided by the department.
- Provide support to the CFO and Head of Department in all financial and management reporting issues.
- Extensive experience in a financial control/reporting role within the banking industry – essential
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Fundamental knowledge of financial products i.e. derivatives
- Proven Managerial Experience
- Good awareness of Tax and Regulatory Reporting Functions
- Extensive strategic mind-set and process improvement skills
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential you have strong interpersonal skills. The position offers realistic opportunities for career progression in the future including a path to the UK CFO role in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.