Our client is a mid-size International Bank currently undergoing significant growth with their Private Bank business in Asia. With great commitment to expand in Hong Kong and Singapore, an solid leadership role has arisen for an experienced Compliance professional to act as Deputy Head of Compliance team for Private Banking, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance in Hong Kong, you will assist to lead a small team of experienced Compliance professionals across Hong Kong focusing on the Private Banking business. You will support the Private Banking business providing them with compliance oversight on the compliance program, second-line of defense advice and conducting compliance monitoring and testing. You will also be managing the regulatory risks for the business activities. As a leader of the function, you will assist the Head of Compliance to manage relationships with local regulators, and represent the bank as a regulatory point of contact.
- A university degree with professional qualifications related to Compliance, Legal, Audit, Accounting and / or Risk Management
- At least 15 years relevant experience in Compliance gained from the Banking industry or Regulators with significant years spent in Private Banking / Wealth Management
- Solid knowledge of the private banking compliance and regulations related to Hong Kong
- Strong experience in dealing with HKMA, SFC and MAS
- Familiarity to the Private Banking products and services in Hong Kong
- Excellent communication skills in English and fluency in Chinese