The client is a top tier European bank in the heart of London City. The focus of the role is on regulatory compliance assuming a supervisory position, with responsibility for headcount and management assurance dealing with external regulatory bodies and the protection of sensitive information.
Main functions include but are not limited to:
- Set up internal guidelines, procedures and checks on combating money laundering and compliance with the rules set by regulatory bodies.
- Work with the group head of compliance/AML to provide advisory and monitoring
- Direct reporting requirements centered on money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crime.
- Surveillance-based compliance monitoring (best execution, market abuse etc.) in addition to managing the yearly monitoring plan.
- Identify and analyse business risks and recommend mitigation, drafting/updating policies and procedures, monitoring all regulated activities
- Conduct the review of current processes and address findings in line with the senior management arrangements, systems and controls sourcebook of the FCA (SYSC)
- Support marketing and literature produced by providing guidance; monitor the approval process and content of such literature in line with the conduct of business sourcebook (COBS) and the regulated activities order (financial promotions review).
Reporting lines are mainly to head of compliance. The position involves working closely with the UK MLRO and the group head of compliance/AML to provide an expert advisory and monitoring service to the bank to ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations and codes of conduct. The position also direct responsibility for deterring and reporting attempted money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crime.
- Knowledge and sound understanding of relevant regulatory rules and the UK and EU
- Experience in how to represent and act towards banking supervisors and authorities (esp. FCA/PRA/ECB)
- Experience of compliance oversight (CF10), MLRO (CF11), and nominated officer (POCA and Terrorism Act) and data protection officer duties
If you believe this is you, we invite you to submit applications now.