My Client, within the Banking Sector, urgently require a Desktop Automation Reporting Engineer to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Acting as part of a core team designing, engineering, producing, supporting and evolving the main client services support website. This team have developed an integrated website that helps the client service teams globally manage their user population and associated hardware. The site includes systems to manage user and machine information, software delivery, WiFi and other user centric services.
- The primary function of the role will be focused on ongoing development of reporting pages and dashboards for use both locally but also globally within BNP Paribas. This will include manipulating with large volumes of data into simple concise visual representations such as graphs, pie charts etc.
- The secondary function of the role will be to look at the back end data that is being stored within SQL server and see what data mining is possible to give novel results from the already captured data. Additionally the successful candidate may be asked to help in the capture of new data and storage of this in an efficient and effective manner in a SQL database framework.
- The tertiary function is to work with the international teams to ensure that reports are being used effectively and collecting requirements for new reports that could help the support staff (and possibly user base) within the organisation.
- This includes escalation support for regional locations and cross function assistance, scoping business areas for integration, identifying automation opportunities and directing future design to deliver competitive advantage for the business.
The following skills are required:
- Experience of legacy languages of .Net and ASP
- Report generation and maintenance within a web environment.
- Experience of operating in an intranet web development role within a large scale organisation reliant on technology to deliver their business functions.
- Business analyst or similar skills/knowledge that can be utilised in liaising with business and IT stakeholders in order to elicit, analyse, gather and validate information regarding internal key IT systems, so as to enable high quality, accurate and targeted management of desktop devices.
- Technology awareness/knowledge gained from a technology background, through technology related qualifications or equivalent experience gained from working in a technology environment
- Must be able to work independently, exercising good judgement when prioritising multiple tasks.
- Languages: Fluent English required and preferred French.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.