Our market leading client with in the financial services industry is looking for a highly experienced Desktop Developer so they can continue their exceptional growth & continue with their market leading reputation.
You will be tasked with:
- As a Software Engineer you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to join a young and dynamic company, committed to delivering value added services in the investment product space
- You will be part of the IT Development department, responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining key business tools for the Risk Control Department.
- Work directly with the Risk Control Department and IT units to implement, maintain and support key software solutions using Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL and Excel/VBA
- Improve and maintain existing Excel/VBA solutions that tightly integrate into our Datawarehouse and Pnl-Analyzer infrastructure
- Provide support for these solutions and your own developments
- Proactively reach out to your clients and peer developers, sit next to them, and understand their needs and requirements without Business Analysts
- Build trust-based relationships with your colleagues and clients
- Produce quality code that will stay maintainable for many years
You will bring:
- Professional experience in creating Excel-based solutions based on complex database-schemas and cubes
- Professional experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle SQL, and with Excel/VBA
- Good knowledge of risk control of financial products or a strong interest in learning about it
- Solution-driven and keen to explore the world of investment banking and derivative financial products
- Strong understanding of data-warehouse-design
- Track record of delivering working solutions in a short time-frame
- Good spoken and written English communication skills
You must have the rights to work in Switzerland to be eligible for this position - Swiss Permit or EU passport holder.
To learn more about the role, simply apply below with your CV or feel free to contact me directly.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.