My client based in London is undergoing a major programme of technology transformation, modernising its entire IT estate by migrating to Azure and moving into a Product/DevOps model. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivering and supporting the client Azure environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a large project.
Key skills required;
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve Azure related issues independently.
- Familiarity with containers such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Multiple project experience in network engineering and security principles e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to converse directly with our business.
- Multiple implementation experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, Ruby or PowerShell.
- CI tools such as Jenkins, AzureDevopsor TeamCity.
- Pipeline builds, release packaging and artefact management.
- Enterprise wide agile methodologies and practices.
- Configuration management software like Chef or Puppet.
- Developing Infrastructure as code using Terraform, ARM, Ansible.
- Implementing monitoring and fail over strategies.
- An understanding of static and dynamic security testing tools good understanding of Security and systems best practices.
- Development of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes, Terraform, Chef and Azure DevOps processes aligned to best practise.
- Develop tools and processes that drive and improve the customer experience.
- Produce design documentation Cloud solutions and for services being migrated to Azure.
- Development of infrastructure as code, build pipelines and testable secure infrastructure for migrating applications to the cloud.
- Work with Brit's Customers, product teams, developers and engineering teams to build long-term solutions.
- Build and innovate to replace manual processes with automation.
- Collaborate and build tools that enable teams to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
- Provide guidance to the wider DevOps and Development teams.
- Providing in-depth technical documentation and peer reviews for DevOps engineers.
Salary up to £75k
If interested please send a current CV asap and I will give you a call.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.