Reporting to the Asia CCO, as compliance director you will have shared responsibility for managing aspects of the regional compliance program and the day-to-day handling and reporting of compliance issues within Asia.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for supporting and advising the local country compliance teams on their day to day work, improving risk assessment processes, reviews/testing and compliance programs.
- Assist the Asia CCO to oversee compliance activities in business units in Asia, including visits to business units, reviews of documents and reports, reviews and testing of work carried out at the business unit, implementation of compliance programs to ensure appropriate compliance processes and procedures are in place to address compliance risks and rectify any incidents of non-compliance.
- Assisting the Asia CCO to train, appraise and develop the capabilities of the broader compliance teams across the region and to maintain sound and effective relationships to lead and respond to changes faced by businesses.
- In conjunction with local country compliance officers and Asia management, maintain an inventory of regulatory risks affecting Asia.
- Review and verification of regular business unit reporting and reports on other compliance matters, preparation of regional consolidated reporting to the CCO and CEO of Asia.
- Identification and escalation of significant incidents of non-compliance.
- Roll out of group policies and procedures as required. Facilitate the delivery of regional and corporate compliance training to business unit employees and compliance staff to support enhancing the compliance culture of the organisation.
- Development and introduction of policies and procedures to reflect and reinforce regulatory direction.
- Leverages regulatory and markets conduct best practices across Asia.
Experience and skills required:
- 7 years industry experience with sound comprehension of relevant life and health insurance and wealth management legislations, regulations, best practices and guidelines as well as associated compliance issues / risks
- Previous experience in a compliance or regulatory role within the financial services industry (preferably some experience of compliance/regulatory/legal as it applies to insurance)
- University degree and some professional standing such as lawyer, accountant or auditor
- Audit, I.T., marketing and sales (licensed agent or registered representative) experience will be added assets.
- Ability to applies knowledge of new business initiatives and industry developments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good practical judgment.
- Ability to understand complex financial concepts and distill into simple language that can be used with consumers, clients and advisors, i.e., ensure that materials are clear, accurate, transparent and not misleading.
- Prior project/program management experience.
- Solid communication and influence (negotiating) skills