A pivotal and commercial leadership position at a boutique and high-growth Fund Services business who are looking to secure a senior Fund Accounting leader to head up its private equity and real estate fund accounting team. This role would suit someone keen to step away from a day-to-day and into something more client-facing, commercial, and strategic, with responsibility for managing a team and acting in more of a client relationship management role.
The focus on the role is likely to be two-thirds client delivery, fund accounting review and team management, with the rest of the time spent on supporting the growth of the UK office as a member of the senior management team. The company in question has grown rapidly and is still small enough for you to have a voice at the table and more importantly the chance to fast-track your career. Their culture is high-performing but also very down-to-earth, forward-thinking and fully flexible with the expectation you're in the office 2 to 3 days a week.
Reporting into the UK Managing Director your role will involve:
- Responsibility for the operational and financial performance of your fund accounting team.
- Oversight of fund accounting teams' workflow and delivery against client deadlines; funds covered include UK and European private equity and real estate funds.
- Management, leadership and mentoring/coaching of a team of 6.
- Support the further improvement and tweaking of the UK fund accounting delivery model.
- Lead on a major project to develop key fund accounting platforms.
- Constantly seek to improve current processes, procedures and reports; continuous improvement mindset.
- Act as the highest authority on technical client-specific accounting matters.
- Support the UK MD with the operational running of the UK business.
- Involvement in broader commercial and strategic project work, including client pitches and presentations.
Your background is likely to be:
- ACA, CA, ACCA qualified or similar with relevant experience in fund accounting for private equity funds. This could have been gained in-house at a fund or fund services business or alternatively via your client base in a large accounting firm.
- Excellent client / professional services skills; enjoy talking to and advising clients and comfortable in a stakeholder management-focused role.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Proven track record in new business onboarding and ability to assist with project management of new client take-on.
- Strong process improvement mindset and someone who enjoys working on change-driven projects.
Salary on offer is highly competitive in addition to a healthy discretionary bonus and longer-term incentives.
We'd also strongly encourage applications from people with relevant experiences in Jersey, Guernsey and other Crown Dependencies as well as Luxembourg and other offshore financial services hubs.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.