Eames are partnering with a Global Real Estate business who are seeking to hire a FP&A Director to support on their European Strategy and be a key contact for the New York Group office
This role is based in Canary Wharf - the team are on-site 5 days per week but flexibility can be offered on a case by case basis
We are looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") to lead the review and analysis of performance reporting, valuations, and business plans across the European platform, which comprises all real estate asset classes including office, hospitality, retail, residential, and life sciences.
Reporting to the European head of FP&A and Investor Relations, the Director of FP&A will be influential in ensuring the portfolio companies are successfully able to carry out the valuation and private fund reporting needs for the European business. The candidate will build relationships with internal business partners, portfolio company finance teams, and the group FP&A team in New York.
- Consolidate platform performance key metrics and assumptions to communicate a holistic view of the European real estate platform; understand sector and regional trends, and prepare analyses for relevant senior stakeholders
- Serve as the key contact for the New York finance team, able to assist with ad-hoc queries, consulting appropriately with specialists in the wider team
- Support Investor Relations and Fundraising teams on quantitative and complex investor requests to advance fundraising initiatives; preparation of quarterly quantitative deliverables to investors
- Collaborate with various internal and external parties including business partners, portfolio company finance teams, and portfolio management to provide oversight of private fund investment valuations on a quarterly basis
- Assist with the creation and on-going assessment of portfolio valuations, ensuring consistency with other portfolio investments and industry standards
- Understand commercial business drivers for quarterly results through interaction with the business partners, portfolio companies and portfolio managers
- Leverage knowledge of investment business plans to review and challenge projection assumptions, analyse value appreciation and return drivers and communicate strategic initiatives on a quarterly basis
- Assist in onboarding new portfolio companies and work with the teams to complete initial reporting requirements
- Communicate liquidity needs of portfolio companies with New York based team to ensure funding is in-place when required
- Prepare specific analysis and special projects as required
- Experience of FP&A within a Global Real Estate organisation
- Demonstrates understanding of financial models to analyse various valuation methodologies and asset management model key assumptions
- Experience in understanding complex transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, or debt financings)
- Commercially focused finance individual with excellent stakeholder skills, comfortable communicating to senior internal and portfolio company finance leadership, auditors, legal, and tax teams
- Experience working with private fund structures preferred
- Real Estate or other tangible asset sector experience preferred
- Achieved 2.1 in any degree discipline
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) or equivalent with 6+ years PQE
- Strong Excel skills and proficient in PowerPoint
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.