The Divisional Conduct Officer will ensure all businesses within our Retail Broking function (Affinity & Schemes) will adhere to Group Risk and Regulatory Policies and Procedures through the design and oversight of operational controls and processes. This role sits within the 1st Line of Defence function.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with the business to support in the delivery of new products including production of compliant documentation, customer journeys, scripts and partnerships;
- Undertaking appropriate first line review of asset changes across the division.
- Work closely with Group 2LoD to manage local business activity.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of effective systems and controls in relation to legal / regulatory requirements and risk, specifically around Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), Training and Competency and Product Files as per Group Policies and Procedures;
- Ensure adherence to defined business processes via Quality Audit Reviews and deep dives, ensuring follow up action is taken to close the gaps;
- Understand the impact changes in regulation will have on the business as per 2LoD guidance and advise and coordinate the business regulated entities on changes that need to be implemented;
- Approval of marketing material/financial promotions within remit to ensure compliance with the FCA and other applicable regulatory authorities, referring financial promotions within the 2LoD to the Group Conduct Officer in line with Group Policy;
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of the FCA Register in relation to all Business Units where not undertaken at Group level.
- Ensure the appropriate controls are adhered to and manage the onboarding and oversight of Appointed/Introducer Appointed Representatives and other partners in line with Group and Divisional expectations.
- Working with the Operational Trainer to ensure Training & Competence schemes enable adherence to regulation
- Provide complaint handling guidance and advice including quality assessment of complaint files, root cause analysis (RCA) and appropriate follow up.
- Ensure Breach and E&O logging are undertaken including appropriate RCA and engaging with the business to ensure delivery of improvements
- Gifts and Hospitality review for appropriateness.
- Define and analyse TCF MI in conjunction with the business and 2LoD driving forward business improvements to deliver fair customer outcomes
- Identify and deliver compliance deep dives on local business activity working with the business to close gaps
- Understand and ensure adherence to insurer binders across the division.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Considerable experience gained directly within the insurance broking industry, or lesser experience supported by professional insurance qualifications;
- Understanding of the insurance placement process
- Strong technical knowledge of FCA handbook with the ability to understand and provide practice solutions relating to retail insurance broking operations
- Experience in financial promotions
- Well-developed report writing, verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Familiarity and competency using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to influence
- Strong stakeholder management
- Attention to detail
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.