Global Investment Bank is currently searching for an EMEA Banking Treasury Lead to join their London desk. This role has been created by an internal move with the current incumbent moving to an international office. This position will provide leadership to the business treasury team over their balance sheet management policy framework (FTP, Liquidity, Capital and Balance Sheet Costing Framework)
- Manage a key section of the business Treasury team with full accountability to prioritize and deliver timely results on a series of competing work streams that contribute directly into Treasury's overall objectives including supervision of 6 employees (2 Direct and 4 indirect)
- Provide independent and unbiased expert Treasury insights and opinion to all stakeholders for all matters that are raised to Business Treasury for their guidance in the light of relevant policies and governance framework.
- Prepare regular well-articulated debriefs to update senior treasury management about the overall progress of all work streams as well timely escalation of items that require their attention and involvement to ensure a seamless and timely resolution.
- Oversee Balance Sheet deep-dives across the EMEA countries, focusing on balance sheet size (e.g. actual vs. plan), composition, pricing and quality of deposits, marginal return on AFS/cash versus loans and opportunities to minimize trapped liquidity.
- Work with global, regional and country Treasury, Market Risk,ALM,FP&A, Product Control and other Finance functions to support key priorities, e.g.:
- Annual transfer pricing and single yield curve reviews.
- AFS capacity for interest rate hedging requirements vs. other.
- London Pool rates frameworks.
- Minimize trapped liquidity across the EMEA region.
- Balance sheet costing including the liquidity premium framework.
- Responsible to lead EMEA regional working group meetings to ensure timely conclusion of annual reviews up to the point of final implementation by Product Control Unit.
- Review all regular and ad-hoc Business Treasury reports and contributions to EMEA regional ALCO, ensuring timely updates and accuracy.
- Cover Treasury's review of new product approval process with focus on bank chain business but with an ability to support broker dealer side too, both to develop extended experience as well as to support the entire London Business Treasury team.
- Proven experience within a Broad Treasury Finance role with another leading Investment Bank
- Strong knowledge of Balance Sheet Management, ALM, Funds Transfer Pricing, Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity.
- Management experience and the ability to lead a team
- Fundamental knowledge of Treasury products i.e. Derivatives
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 Degree from a leading university
- Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills
This role is a high-profile position within the Treasury function and reports directly to the EU Treasurer. You will be facing off to key stakeholders across the business and finance function so offers strong visibility to Board level. There are realistic opportunities for this role to move into the Treasurer role in the future or other areas across the Treasury function.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.