A world class global bank is offering the chance to become a member of their controls office within the investment banking division. The role itself covers the entire division, covering the markets, research and banking businesses.
The key focus areas are:
- Operational risk management, including risk and control self-assessment process
- Front to back framework of controls
- Governance, policies and standards
- Controls testing and conduct risk assurance
- Conduct risk and conflicts of Interest
The main purpose of the role is assist with the conversion of the control standards that allow the transition from 2nd line (2LoD) of defence to 1st line (1LoD).
- Rewriting standards identified for conversion from 2LOD to 1LOD.
- Confirming materials, details to be included within standard.
- Agreeing content with stakeholders in the business, chief controls office, compliance, ops risk.
- Providing regular updates on conversion progress.
- Rewriting of business procedures, confirming material details prior to execution.
- Have a strong understanding of markets and investment banking products.
- An excellent understanding of governance, risk and control frameworks.
- Significant experience in a controls role in the financial services industry.
- Strong networking & senior stakeholder management skills and able to negotiate and influence effectively.
- Good organisation, planning and project management abilities.
- Excellent communication and well developed report writing skills (including strong presentational skills).
If this sounds like a role you would can envisage yourself in please apply for consideration.
Minimum Salary/ Rate: 550 p/d