Fantastically broad and career propelling opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a growing US insurance business as their first finance hire in the UK. The business are a large US operator, running as a specialist MGA in the UK with plans to expand into mainland Europe quickly. At the moment Finance is run wholly out of their offices in the US (East coast) however the need has arisen to hire someone senior to oversea operations locally as the European Financial Controller.
This role is unlikely to involve too much granular accounting and would suit someone keen to avoid this type of a role, with a focus on high level oversight and value adding analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, produce, analyse, and distribute accurate and timely financial accounts including financial bordereaux, revenue production, rolling-12 financials and carrier required reports for assigned entities.
- Oversee month end closing financials for assigned entities (all the heavy lifting is covered by the main finance team in the US).
- Assist CFO with budgets, internal and carrier audits and board reports for assigned entities.
- Process, review, and approve carrier payments for assigned entities in accordance with carrier agreements.
- Act as liaison for assigned entities (UK and European) to escalate billing, payable, audit, tax and reporting issues.
- Main controller of the UK and European business the EMEA management, liaising with key stakeholders for tactical assistance and strategic planning
In terms of candidate profile we're looking for:
- Fully qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent with relevant experience in the insurance sector in a finance manager, financial controller role or equivalent.
- Broad and hands on experiences in a wide-ranging accounting/reporting based role; comfortable being a bit of a generalist across the reporting as well as business partnering side.
In terms of personality/profile, you need to be comfortable being extremely hands on and in the detail, dealing with a range of stakeholders internally and externally including colleagues in the US. Longer term the role is likely to evolve into a more senior position and as such presents a superb opportunity to get in early and ride the wave as the business grows.
Salary on offer is £100-120,000 base plus benefits and bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.