Leading Investment Bank is currently hiring for an experienced valuation controller to join their London Exotic Interest Rates Desk. This role has been created through an internal move and is an ideal opportunity for a technical valuation control candidates looking for more autonomy in their next role.
- Ownership for all aspects of valuation control of the business, including validation of market data inputs, reporting and analysis
- Producing and implementing guidelines / procedures for fair valuation adjustments and price testing across the business, with particular attention to the design of control
- Ensuring timely remediation of regulatory matters requiring attention, audit findings and associated reporting demands associated with the area of responsibility
- Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to valuation control
- Acting as first point of escalation with regards to any discrepancies and price variance breaches
- Identifying pricing issues, valuation parameters or instrument types that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the valuation issues involved
- Proven Valuation Control/IPV experience from a large Investment bank
- Strong knowledge of exotic/structured derivatives
- Comprehensive understanding of financial markets and valuation methodologies
- Proven process improvement/project skills within a valuation control role.
- MSc in Mathematical Subject or CFA Qualified.
This role involves daily interaction with key stakeholders in the business and it is therefore essential the candidate has strong interpersonal skills. This is a very exciting time to join the desk as it is continues its growth offering a realistic career progression path to the Global Head of Rates Valuations role in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information