To primary requirement of this role is to provide leadership and support to the Revenue and Expense functions of the EMEA and APAC Controllership team, to ensure accurate and timely delivery of results in an efficient and controlled manner.
The role will have 2 direct reports and indirect responsibility for 8 other team members and is part of a Global Controllership organisation with support and interaction across UK, US and India.
- Ensuring the Revenue team can calculate client invoices/rebates accurately and issue them within the deadlines set via the legal agreements. Escalation and following up on outstanding items on the credit control report.
- Providing additional review and sign-off of key processes such as client invoicing change management, performance fees and property carried interest calculations.
- Monitoring of the transfer pricing allocation process for completeness and accuracy in line with the global framework.
- Ensuring appropriate accounting is followed for all revenue items and that the reporting produced by the team is fit for purpose.
- Ensuring the Expenses team record all accruals, prepayments and other key items such as bonus information in an accurate and timely manner in the financial accounts.
- Monitoring of the cost allocation process for completeness and accuracy in line with the global framework.
- Fostering a strong relationship with the HR payroll team to ensure accurate payroll accounting and quick resolution of any outstanding payroll items.
- Provide appropriate Leadership and Development for the 2 direct reports.
- Bring a risk and controls mindset to the role with the ability to identify weakness in processes and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensure both teams complete Balance Sheet Reconciliations to the appropriate standard and that aged items are cleared in a timely manner. Cash reconciliation items are also required to be cleared promptly.
- Representing the Controllership team in cross departmental project meetings that could impact the Revenue and Expenses team processes and outputs.
- Facilitate the delivery of audit items in line with the statutory audit timetable.
To be successful in this role you will have…
- Fully Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Managerial experience
- Management Accounting experience
- Clear and concise communicator with experience of working with colleagues at all levels
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative and to work to deadlines
- Risk management and controls mentality
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.