We are working on behalf of a global tier 1 bank which is based in London. They are seeking a finance change workstream lead to join the business wide regulatory change programme. Our client is looking for a workstream lead who has had project management experience, the candidate will be have responsibilities in planning out the project then tracking and monitoring the progress.
Overall purpose of role
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards. The role typically requires managing small- to medium-scale projects or small to medium scale workstreams within larger projects or programmes typically < £1.5m
- Manages project team engaged throughout the full delivery lifecycle. Delivery of project(s) supporting the business strategy from business case through to initiation, requirement analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and closure
- Manages the project end to end including the IT elements of delivery (where applicable).
- Co-ordinate and plan analysis tasks and resources for one or more components of a Programme or Foundation and manage analysis teams.
- Recruitment and training of analysis team for one or more components of the Programme or Foundation.
Vision, Strategy and Direction:
- Demonstrates an understanding of strategy set by leadership team
- References the strategy in supporting decision making with the team.
- Identifies, assesses and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
- Controls the scope of projects, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
- Ensures that realistic detailed project plans are prepared and maintained, providing regular and accurate reports on progress against plan to stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensure project dependencies and assumptions are factored into the planning process.
Governance and Reporting:
- Define and implement governance and reporting structure appropriate for the project
- Establish and run working group or steerco meetings (as appropriate)
- Ensures projects meet the desired requirements of Accountable Executives and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan
- Ensures that all project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely, and directly provides progress reports as agreed as part of the governance framework at agreed intervals.
- Produce requirements and design proposals to design authority, setting the quality threshold for team output.
- Working across multiple smaller projects managing small analysis teams on each (up to a total of 10 BA's across projects)
- Act as a reviewer and quality gate for analysis output for one or more components of a programme or foundation.
- Challenge IT to ensure designs are addressing the user requirements and the root cause.
- Participation in the process from design authority approval to functional design completion ensuring the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
- Recognise changes within sphere of control which are liable to impact other systems / work streams and communicate effectively
- Set the team work ethic, dynamic, attitude through effective management, setting an example and acting as a benchmark.
- Oversee BA's during the testing cycle and own the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design.
- Articulate and present commercial effectiveness of proposed functional designs within a Programme or Foundation.
Decision-making and Problem Solving:
- Actively supports their team in maximising the effective use of time, resource and budget management
- Ensures systematic problem solving by their team where options are evaluated and decisions align with the values.
- Ensures their team to understand the requirements and perspectives of stakeholders and integrate into their understanding of complex situations.
- Adapts to changing requirements, re-prioritising and changing course as necessary, supporting their team in making any necessary changes.
- Ensures the team’s decisions are made with consideration of the short and long-term impact on key stakeholders.