An incredibly commercial and career propelling opportunity for an experienced funds finance professional to join the credit strategy of a multi-faceted European alternative asset manager, as Finance Director for their credit business. The fund has been in operation for a number of years, with multiple successive fund raises, several billion Euros in assets under management dedicated to credit and plans to start fund raising again towards the end of 2022.
This newly created role is an end to end position designed to provide bench strength at the senior finance and operations level, overseeing a team of 5 accountants in an outsourced environment.
Day to day responsibilities will encompass:
- Oversight for all fund financial reporting to investors and bond holders. Credit products include a mixture of performing and non-performing debt across consumer and corporate markets and liquid as well as illiquid investments. This will include oversight of the fund admin relationship and a remit to improve and tweak the current set-up to make it more robust, efficient and effective.
- Work with the investment team on the valuations process across all portfolios, in conjunction with external advisers.
- Involvement in the design and launch of new credit products from a finance/operations perspective.
- High-level oversight for all budgeting/forecasting, financial analysis and MI reporting for each credit structure.
- Manage all treasury aspects per fund including all investor calls and distributions, revolving credit facilities and the respective security packages.
- Finance lead for the credit business, with the scope to be able to define the operating model, instigate change and be heavily involved in the full end to end business working closely with the Managing Partner, investment/portfolio teams, investor relations and alike.
Your background is likely to be:
- Qualified accountant (essential) in the region of 8 to 10 years+ PQE with a background in credit products essential.
- Strong operational knowledge in a busy funds environment, with the ability to hit the ground running and with ideas around how to improve the current set up.
- Lots of personality, drive, charisma and enthusiasm. The culture of the business is high performing but also sociable, fun and flexible so it's important the person who joins has a blended personality, high emotional intelligence, with the ability to develop positive relationships across front, middle and back office.
- Proven people management and leadership skills; able to bring a team together, get buy in and set the direction of travel.
- Comfortable being in the detail as well as high level.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple workstreams and counterparties to deliver all projects and reporting to deadlines.
Salary is in the region of £140-150,000 base plus benefits and exceptional bonus potential.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.