Newly created opportunity working for a start-up Fintech payments business in Paris as their first senior Finance hire, working directly alongside the Managing Director for France. The company are a UK based business and formally launched their French offering in the last 12 months, with this role being a necessary hire linked to gaining regulatory approval.
The role is aimed at someone who has roughly 10 years or so experience in a 'hands on' controllership-based position and a background in financial services, with prior experience of working with the ACPR essential.
Responsibilities will include ownership for all day to day finance, controls and risk operations for the French business as a key function holder. This will include oversight of all month end accounting, financial reporting, regulatory reporting to the ACPR, treasury, tax and head office reporting to the UK. The role will also include some commercial finance such as budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis, working closely with the MD as their right-hand person able to advise and support around commercial and strategic decision making.
In terms of background we are looking for:
- Degree educated with around 10 years' experience or similar in a Finance & Accounting based role in a financial services business
- Fluent French and English - day to day there will be the need to speak, read and write in both languages
- Strong technical experience - French GAAP, IFRS, ACPR rules, tax etc
- Some experience in a smaller organisation or start up would be highly advantageous
- Excited to operate in an agile environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external projects, and driving all projects to completion
- Able to work independently and as part of a collective
Salary on offer is 80-90,000€ fixed salary plus benefits and bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.